Paris Photo Diary #2

10:27






We started our second day in Paris with breakfast along the banks of the Seine - we picked up some coffee and pain au chocolat in this gorgeous little bakery (the name of which I can't remember for the life of me), and it was divine.

We then hopped on a metro and whizzed out to the Louvre, and spent the morning strolling around the grounds, visiting the onsite shopping centre, and stopping for lunch in McDonald's... Paris on a budget, eh?

Next on the agenda was a visit to Montmartre, the highest peak in Paris, which took quite a bit of Google mapping and mixed up metros to get there, but we navigated it alright in the end. In the same region sits the iconic Moulin Rouge theatre, opposite which we stopped to pick up a Starbucks (there was a lot of coffee consumed on this trip). It was wonderful just to sit and take a breather, and people-watch for a little while, marveling at just how lucky we were to be there.

We indulged in some gorgeous macarons before heading towards the summit of Montmartre - the view from which is indescribably beautiful. I'm sure my photos don't do it justice! We ate nutella crepes whilst taking in the sights from the top of Paris, and admiring the beauty of the Basilica de Sacré-Coeur behind us.

I'm still pretty amazed at all that we did see and do within our two days in Paris - we covered a serious amount of ground, looking back (I don't think I've ever walked so much in my life). It was such an amazing experience, and such an incredible, beautiful city - I've got serious Paris blues from writing this post. I'll be back, some day!

Ciara x


You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow