Blog Birthday #2

11:47




I couldn't let this day go by this year without saying a little something, so here it is:

Two years ago today, I hit 'Publish' on my very first, nervously-written blog post (I reviewed a nail polish, go figure). I kept my blog very quiet for quite a while, anxious as to how it would be perceived, and worried about the standard of my work - as naturally, we often are.

This blog started as a site where I reviewed the contents of my makeup bag, or whatever product was frequenting my hair that week. I think it's safe to say that it has since diversified a lot - and I couldn't be happier with it.

Today I have my own platform - as little as it may be - to share whatever it is I feel like writing about. I grow more confident in my work with every post, and every positive comment leaves me with warm fuzzies.

So today, I want to thank you, reading this, for doing so - and if you've ever commented in the past, thank you again. Oh, and if you've been here from day one - kudos to you, my friend, you've put up with a lot.

The thing about writing (and a lot of other things), is to get better at it, you have to keep doing it. Read widely and frequently, but never stop writing. Personally, I think starting this blog was one of the best things I could've done for myself - I'm constantly encouraging myself to keep going, and every thought that comes into my head gets hastily scribbled down, to be transformed into a piece of writing.

I was going to ramble on about personal growth and how it's all been a journey, blah, blah, blah, but I'd hate to sound so bloody pretentious. I'll save that 'till next year.

Thank you all, once again.



Ciara x

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow