The Year That's Been: 2015

16:05





I know it's so horribly cliché and all to say things like this but I genuinely think 2015 has gone way too quickly and I'm beginning to wonder where the hell my life is going too. I decided I'd jump on the annual end-of-year bandwagon and write a '2015 round up' post, and throw in a few photos from the year too!

So here are the best bits of the last twelve months:
  • Some of the best days of my life: I was lucky enough to visit Paris with my best friend by my side.
  • Ireland became the first country to legalise same-sex marriage by a majority public vote, and for the first time in a long time, I couldn't have been prouder of our little island.
  • I pleased my inner emo kid and got to see Fall Out Boy for the first time; I also made my eight year old self cry tears of joy at a McBusted gig earlier in the year.
  • I met Irish fashion journalist and stylist Courtney Smith at the Leopardstown Races back in April, which was pretty cool.
  • I got to work on my photography skills a helluva lot with the camera I got last Christmas, and now I have a bunch of photos I'm actually quite proud to call my own (and may actually round up into a neat little blog post, now that I think of it)
  • I got to work on a live radio show for a whole week with college and discovered that radio isn't actually as awful / boring / infuriating as I used to think (although some parts still are, I'm not gonna lie).
I also turned twenty, moved out of one (much loved) Dublin home into another, got an exclusive trip around Kildare from two of my favourite people, visited the zoo and many a national park / amenity / local pretty landscape throughout the summer. Some of my favourite people turned 21, and will continue to do so throughout 2016 (including me, yikes).

In the past year, I've learned quite a bit about myself, my weaknesses and my strengths. I scribbled a few career options off my figurative list and highlighted some others for future reference - it's great to finally feel like you're making progress towards the path you really want to be on in life. I learned an awful lot about this human race of ours,  a lot about what I really like and dislike in others, and how to spot the good 'uns.

You can't not mention your blog highlights in these posts, let's be honest - I learned a bit more about myself as a blogger, and overall as a writer; mainly what I like and dislike doing, that it's okay to dislike whatever it is, and to create in a manner that makes me happy, and allows me to enjoy what I'm doing. You could say I've gotten rather lazy when it comes to blogging - because let's be honest, my posts are few and far between these days - but I'm happy to admit that I blog at a pace that I enjoy, and I do so whenever an idea I'm happy with hits me and oh my God, is it so much more enjoyable. Wow.

I took a big ol' leap out of my blogging comfort zone a few times this year, and even created not one, but five outfit posts, which I'm sure many other fashion bloggers will agree, is not often an easy thing to do at the start.

I guess retrospect can often make everything seem a little glossier and better than they were, but I honestly think 2015 was an all-round good year, despite all of the obstacles we had to face (did someone say One Direction hiatus?)

I hope you've all had a wonderful Christmas, for those who celebrate it, and that 2016 is everything you want it to be. Thanks for reading and following this year, and I'll see you all in the next one!

Ciara x

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow