A Breath of Fresh Éire

14:57




This year was the first year I'd happened to be in Dublin for St. Patrick's Day. Normally, when in college, I could run home at the first signs of reading week, but this year, I would be embracing the buzz of the big smoke.

My roomie Amy and I decided against the trek into town, which would undoubtedly be rammed with tourists and locals (I've heard there was some half a million at the city's parade), and instead made our way out to the seaside village of Howth, on the north side of the city.

We spent the evening trekking around Howth Head and marvelling at the endless foggy, blue horizon of sea meeting sky; perched on rocks around the edge of the pier and watched the sun go down, and ate fish and chips under hazy streetlights whilst admiring the now deep purple-blue skyline over dozens of moored boats. By far, the most relaxing and calming evening I've had in a long time, and a wonderful way to spend a day off.

I honestly think we take Ireland's beauty for granted sometimes - possibly because we're so accustomed to it. It genuinely is such a gorgeous little country sometimes - you just have to take the time to admire it.

Ciara x

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow