An Afternoon at the Áras

11:44



In a strange turn of events, I was recently invited to attend a garden party with the President. No, really.

On Friday, June 24th, Áras an Uachtarán (the President's crib, basically) held their first-ever Irish language party (an Cóisir Gaeilge) in the gardens of the Áras. It was a really special day, and such a privilege to be among the 300+ attendees.

We dined in the most glamorous marquee I've ever been in (i.e. it had its own chandeliers), and were treated to a variety of Irish music acts from traditional folk and choirs to the jaunty pop of Gaeltacht band Seo Linn. President Michael D. Higgins also gave an inspiring and enjoyable speech on the Irish language, culture and the value of creativity and imagination in our little country.

Plus I danced in the same circle as Ireland's First Lady and got to pet one of the President's dogs. Just your average Friday afternoon, really.

Life, dear reader, is weird and wonderful, and I wouldn't change it for the world.

Ciara x

(What I wore: a black jersey nineties style midi dress from H&M [actually advertisied as a short dress but I digress]; black strappy platforms from New Look; a black choker and silver chain, both from Topshop)

(P.s. keep up with me daily on Snapchat @ciarapocket - snapcode's in the sidebar!)

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow