Live | Ravelóid Sa Chathair 2016

20:15



Just a few pictures from this year's Ravelóid Sa Chathair festival!

I wish I'd taken more photos, to be honest. The festival opened with comedy club Gaelgáirí performing in Club Conradh na Gaeilge on the Thursday night, followed by an evening of excellent Irish music in the Sugar Club, on Leeson Street and finally, Conradh na Gaeilge hosted a day full of activies, workshops and live music in the club all day on Saturday.

Raidió Rí-Rá were broadcasting live for most of the day on Saturday - I was fortunate enough to be part of it all, and hosted a show from 6-8pm that evening! We had so many wonderful bands, musicians and guests on the air throughout the day, and even managed to catch a few live performances downstairs in Club Conradh na Gaeilge during the afternoon too. 

There's really no question about it anymore - I adore live radio, I love the buzz and the adrenaline of a show, and meeting new and interesting people all of the time - and the fact that I can tie this in with my love for music is a huge bonus. I think I might *gasp* actually have an idea what I'd like to do with my life after I graduate next year. Direction! At last!

Anyway, we caught a few bands live in the club later that evening, with a very special and secret set from Delorentos towards the end. I've spoken before about my love for live music and all of the joy it brings, and as cool as massive stadium and arena shows are, there's nothing more special than seeing excellent bands in tiny, intimate venues.

A wonderful weekend all round. Go dtí an céad am eile, Ravelóid!


Ciara x

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow