LIVE | Longitude, 17 July 2016

21:09







Guess who recently went to her first ever festival!!!!!!!!!

Granted it was only for a day, but it was still amazing. The sun actually came out and we got to lounge around Marlay Park, covered in glitter, with drinks in hand, and watch some damn good artists all afternoon.

I was definitely most excited to see French singer-songwriter Christine and the Queens - she's an excellent performer and put on such a wonderful, magical set, in a busy tent on the Heineken stage. It was her first ever performance on Irish shores - mark my words, this girl is destined for big things.

I caught a little bit of Courtney Barnett's set from the Main Stage just as we strolled through the gates. We milled about for a bit, getting drinks and had an "album photoshoot" with Three (lol). I'll admit I was a little bit disappointed we missed All Tvvins' set right before Christine and the Queens, but no doubt I'll get the chance to catch them live again soon. 

It was just so lovely to sit in the sunshine opposite the Main Stage, and watch Father John Misty and Jamie XX, as we chilled out and decorated each others' hair and faces with glitter (I'm definitely packing more glitter and face paints for my next festival adventure - because where else can you wander around with a wildly colourful & sparkly face?).

Then of course, The National closed the festival with a rather incredible and enthralling set. To be honest, I wish I was more familiar with the music before Longitude - I knew of a few songs, and they are an amazing band, but the majority of the crowd seemed so devoted, so into it, throughout the entire set and it would've been nice to felt more a part of that, I suppose. I may / may not have shed the odd glittery tear a few times throughout their set. They were that good.

Overall, for my first festival experience, Longitude - you were rather magical.

And now, onto Indiependence next weekend! I'll be Snapchatting from the festival all weekend, so if you wanna catch bands such as Editors, The Kooks, Bell X1, Walking On Cars, etc., etc., through an iPhone lens, then follow along at ciarapocket. If you're going and see me there, come say hi!

Ciara x

You Might Also Like

Medium @ciarapocket

Bloglovin'

Follow